CTPAT 5 Step Risk Assessment Process includes:
The value of the ethical audit clarify-
• The actual values to which the company operates.
• provide a baseline by which to measure future improvement learn how to meet any societal expectations which are not currently being met.
• give stakeholders the opportunity to clarify their expectations of the company’s behaviour
• identify specific problem areas within the company
• learn about the issues which motivate employees
• identify general areas of vulnerability, particularly related to lack of openness
• Ensure decent working conditions and human rights throughout your supply chain
• Comply with statutory requirements (e.g. Modern Slavery Act 2015)
• Prevent unauthorized subcontracting
• Receive an accurate picture of ethical compliance in your supply chain
• Foster cooperative relations with your suppliers
• Improve brand image and increase consumer loyalty.